[pgpool-general: 1018] Re: pgpool-ha

Lazáro Rubén García Martínez lgarciam at vnz.uci.cu
Wed Sep 19 22:07:30 JST 2012

My recomendation is: Don´t wait to pgpool be available in the repos, install it from the source code and the latest stable version.

The stable version can be downloaded from this address:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/V3_2_STABLE

When a node is detached, pgpool executes a failover, after failover it execute the command especidied in the property follow_master_command:

follow_master_command: This parameter specifies a command to run in master/slave streaming replication mode only after a master failover.

If you need to know when the pg server was down you can configure this property or this failover_commnad, with mail commnad. Another alternative is installing nagios and checks the pg service periodicaly.

If one server was down, you can recover this server performing an online recovery.

Looks this link:

http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/simple_sr_setting2/index.html

Regards.