[pgpool-general: 972] pgpool-II-3.0.5 postgresql-9.1 native replication

Aric Gardner actual at aricgardner.com
Sat Sep 8 05:57:32 JST 2012

I would like to try native replication rather than streaming as it makes
fail-over so much simpler.
Operating system is Debian 6 with squeeze-backports to provide
postgresql-9.1

<code>
apt-get install postgresql-server-dev-9.1
wget http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/3164/pgpool-II-3.0.5.tar.gz
tar -xvf pgpool-II-3.0.5.tar.gz
cd pgpool-II-3.0.5/sql/pgpool-regclass/
make
<snip>
pgpool-regclass.c:55: error: static declaration of ‘get_namespace_oid’
follows non-static declaration
/usr/include/postgresql/9.1/server/catalog/namespace.h:99: note: previous
declaration of ‘get_namespace_oid’ was here
make: *** [pgpool-regclass.o] Error 1
</code>

I read this thread about it ->
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-general/2011-July/003841.html
But I have some questions, what is the  recommended way to implement
"replication mode" Should I use pgsql 9.0?

Thanks.

-Aric Gardner