[pgpool-general: 1145] Re: Possible race condition in pool_get_passwd

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Mon Oct 29 19:05:04 JST 2012

> On 10/28/2012 04:57 AM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> Thanks for the analysis. I should have realized this earlier. I think
>> less invasive approach would be reopening the fd in each child
>> process's starting up. Could you try attached patch?
>
> Thank you for the patch.
>
> I had to apply d5930588747f1d0759411f494714a7909efe5e35 as it does not
> appear to be present in 3_1_STABLE (At least not in 3.1.3).  After
> applying it and the patch the issue appears to be resolved.

The commit was not in 3.1 series because it is thought that it was an
enhancement, not a bug fix (our policy regarding stable branches is,
only bug fix should be back ported, imilar to PostgreSQL).

I'm going to apply my proposed patch minus the commit above to 3.1 and
3.0 stable branches.

I will commit the patch as is to master and 3.2 stable branch.