[pgpool-general: 1113] Re: Using PgPool-II on multiple hosts

Csaba Simon simocsab at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 00:24:52 JST 2012

As far as I know Slony is also a master/slave replication, moreover it is
asynchronously, so if the master site server fails the newest pieces of
data can be lost.

I can describe the problem in an other way: can a PostgresSQL database
behind PgPool-II be modified by other applications directly? If it can,
then tehh other application can be another PgPool-II. In this case I
suppose the developers have to take care about distinct sets of identifiers
for the sites and special recovery scripts/actions for the case of online
recovery...

Csaba