[pgpool-general: 1183] how to force pgpool to bind to a specific network interface

Lonni J Friedman netllama at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 05:37:39 JST 2012

I'm running version 3.2.1 on a Linux server with multiple network
interfaces.  My postgresql servers have pg_hba.conf configured such
that connections are only permitted from the IP address associated
with one of the network interfaces on the pgpool server.  Thus, I need
pgpool to bind to that specific network interface, and not any of the
others at random.

I thought maybe I could set listen_addresses to do this, but that only
seems to effect which IP pgpool is listening on, and apparently not
the one that its connecting to the servers.  How can I fix this?