[pgpool-general: 571] [message: portal "" does not exist] PGPOOL load balance stream mode

mperformer codevally.mail.list at gmail.com
Thu May 31 11:02:59 JST 2012

Hi

We are using PGPool 3.1.2 with JBoss middleware. This exercise is basically
integrate PGPool to our system as the load balancing and connection pooling
software.

Currently within the code, it uses Enitity manager persistence as well as
direct JDBC calls. After running the test couple of minutes, the JBoss
receiving the above error to the log file.

May 31 11:00:39 db4 pgpool[15471]: pool_send_and_wait: Error or notice
message from backend: : DB node id: 1 backend pid: 25463 statement: SELECT
1 message: portal "" does not exist
May 31 11:00:39 db4 pgpool[11787]: pool_send_and_wait: Error or notice
message from backend: : DB node id: 1 backend pid: 25366 statement: select
pp.createok ,  pp.approveok ,   pp.activateok ,  pp.viewok ,  pp.editok ,
pp.deleteok ,  pp.complete ,   pp.blockok , pp.actionimportok ,
pp.exportok ,   pp.suspendok ,  pp.rejectok , pp.dispatchok , pp.cancelok ,
pp.assignok ,  pp.acceptok ,  pp.clockonok , pp.pauseok , pp.clockoff ,
pp.outstandingok ,  pp.removeok ,  pp.applytootherusersok  from
projectpermission  pp, projectentity  pe  where pp.projectroleid  = 1526
and pp.projectentityid  = pe.projectentityid  and   pe.projectentityname  =
'TaskedUser' message: portal "" does not exist
May 31 11:00:40 db4 pgpool[7532]: Replication of node:1 is behind -3184
bytes from the primary server (node:0)

The manual JDBC calls are not prepared statements (I know that PGPool not
supporting prepared statements) and they are normal statements.

They are executing like as below.

            connection = getDatabaseConnection();
            connection.setAutoCommit(false);
            statement = connection.createStatement();

            String sql = "";
            sql = "UPDATE messagerecipientext set
voicerequest='"+retryData.getRequestUrl()"'
";
            sql += " where
messagerecipientid="+retryData.getMessageRecipientId();

            statement.addBatch(sql);
            statement.executeBatch();
            connection.commit();

PGPool configuration file + PGPool log file also attached. Could someone
please give me a solution to solve this.

Many Thanks.

/Roshan