[pgpool-general: 524] Re: Guide on setup pgpool for automatic failover

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Mon May 28 11:38:57 JST 2012

Forgot to say, the doc:
> http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/contrib_docs/simple_sr_setting2/index.html

is obsoleted and hadn't been updated (actually whole
pgpool.projects.postgresql.org is obsoleted).  Now we have our own
site: http://www.pgpool.net

The doc you want to look into is:
http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/simple_sr_setting2_3.1/index.html
or
http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/simple_sr_setting2_3.0/index.html

The former is for pgpool-II 3.1.x and latter is for pgpool-II 3.0.x.
(there are only very subtle difference though).

If you follow the instruction any of above, pgpool log is here:

/var/log/pgpool/pgpool.log.week_of_the_day

where week_of_the_day is monday, tuesday... sunday.

PostgreSQL logs is /home/postgres/data/pg_log/week_of_the_day.log