[pgpool-general: 472] Re: PgPool rejects connections

Jayaraj jraj90 at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 19:49:21 JST 2012

its a Ruby

________________________________
 From: DonMartio <donmartio at larkos.de>
To: Jayaraj <jraj90 at yahoo.com>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at postgresql.org>; "pgpool-general at pgpool.net" <pgpool-general at pgpool.net>
Sent: Friday, 18 May 2012, 18:27
Subject: Re: [pgpool-general: 461] Re: PgPool rejects connections

Ok, i'm curious if this will solve your problem.
If so... hurray.. if not it will be interesting if there is a
    problem regarding
EC2. What kind of App do you have? Java, php, ruby?

Greetings so far
Martin

Am 18.05.2012 12:14, schrieb Jayaraj:
Ok cool, no worries...

>let me have a go at version 3.1.3
>

>thanks
>

>regards
>

>________________________________

                problem had something todo
>with that syslog issue. However our problem was gone
                with pgpool-3.1.3.

>Greetings
>Martin
>
>Am 18.05.2012 10:02, schrieb Jayaraj:
>I have already set that to sterr in the conf file
>>

>>However, I am using PGPool 3.1.2
>>

>>could this be a problem?
>>

>>thanks
>>

>>regards,
>>- jaya -
>>

>>________________________________

                        of pgpool-II are you using?
>>We got those CLOSE_WAIT's too during stress
                        tests on our php framework.
>>They are gone since the last version 3.1.3. I
                        assume it got something to
>>do with a syslog issue.
>>May you try log_destination = 'stderr' in your
                        pgpool.conf just to
>>clarify if this is the case.
>>

>>Am 16.05.2012 09:54, schrieb Tatsuo Ishii:
>>> [Cced: to pgpool-general mailing list]
>>>
>>> I'm not familiar with EC2. Anyone on this
                        list can help him?
>>> --
>>> Tatsuo Ishii
>>> SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
>>> English: http://www.sraoss.co.jp/index_en.php
>>> Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp

                        postgres DBs on the Amazon EC2 instances.
                        However, I have been experiencing some issues.
                        After a certain period of time, it no longer
                        allows new connections from clients /
                        application to the PgPool. It seems to get stuck
                        in a TCP CLOSE_WAIT session. This basically
                        accumulates to alot more which then disallows
                        any further connections to the PgPool.

                        set all connections directly to Postgres. The
                        issue is resolved by restarting PgPool. Then
                        after a certain period of time, it happens
                        again, then another restart of Pgpool is
                        required.

                        this?