[pgpool-general: 449] Tuning for 1000 concurrent connections (load balancing)

Alessandro De Noia Alessandro at piemapping.com
Tue May 15 18:59:13 JST 2012

Hi,
I've been struggling with the configuration of pgpool and postgresql for
days.
I need to handle 1000 concurrent connections (1000 spatial queries) at
the same time.
The available hardware is composed of four dedicated servers, all of
them with 24Gb ram and SSD HDs.
I've set num_init_children to 1000, max_pool to 2 and the
max_connections parameter to 2000 on each server but it seems not
working properly.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
A.

--
Alessandro De Noia
GIS Developer

e: alessandro at piemapping.com | w: www.piemapping.com
Caledonia House, 223 - 231 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9NG

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

PIE trading name of MPIE Limited, is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 6991293. Vat number: 983340996