[pgpool-general: 402] Re: Step-by-Step Configure pgpool on ubuntu server

Takehiro Wada takehiro.wada at gmail.com
Wed May 2 20:45:19 JST 2012

Hi,

I checked repmgr.
This product manages PostgreSQL streaming replication. Right?

I think if you perform managing streaming replication though pgpool manages
streaming replication, pgpool does not work.
so I think you should not set streaming replication function of pgpool.
or if you want to set this, you have to manage pgpool and repmgr.

All application access to PostgreSQL Server via pgpool.
in this case, you install a pgpool instance, if pgpool goes down, your
services stop.
so I recommend you should install both servers.

thanks