[pgpool-general: 401] Re: Step-by-Step Configure pgpool on ubuntu server

takehiro wada takehiro.wada at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:56:43 JST 2012

Hi,

The step by step installation of pgpool.

 Step1)
   - you get pgpool source via pgpool wiki
     I recommend you download the latest pgpool version.

     e.g.)
     $ wget http://www.pgpool.net/download.php?f=pgpool-II-3.1.3.tar.gz

 Step2)
   - you uncompress pgpool source.

     e.g.)
     $ tar xzvf pgpool-II.3.1.3.tar.gz

 Step3)
   - installing pgpool.
     $ cd pgpool-II-3.1.3
     $ ./configure [ --prefix=<pgpool_binary_location> ]

 Step4)
   - creating pgpool configuration file.

     e.g.)
      minimum setting
      -----------
      listen_addresses = 'localhost'
      pid_file_name = '/var/run/pgpool.pid'
      port          = 9999
      pcp_port      = 9989
      backend_hostname0 = '<Hostname of PostgreSQL Server>'
      backend_port0     = <Port# of PostgreSQL Server>

 Step5)
   - checking whether you can access to PostgreSQL via pgpool

     e.g.)
     psql -h localhost -p 9999 -U <PostgreSQL User> <dbaname>

--
Name:Takehiro Wada
mail:takehiro.wada at gmail.com