[pgpool-general: 614] Re: ask some questions for pgpool-II

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Tue Jun 12 07:58:59 JST 2012

(Fowarded to mailing list to share info)

> hello:
>      maybe i too worry it?
>  1.two replication node machine performance maybe not the same.so one node
> fast,another node slow,this soultion ,client will be feel it slow.

No way.

>  2.two replication node network maybe not the same,one network fail,then
> the two node not sync,if it happen,how to resolve this solution ?
> i know pgpool has online recovery function,but how to monitor status of the
> two node of pgpool?

You can check pgpool log. Or you can email to admin in case of node
faiure by setting pgpool's failover script.

> 3.slow node must be realy response client,if two nodes execute commands
> ,one fast,another slow,client gets time of result is from slow node.
> the above is my worried solution!

That's a trade off. If you prefer performance, you should use async
replication.  If you don't like delay of replication you should use
sync replication. It's up to you.

> please give me some suggestion how to tune pgpool-II replication ?

You can adjust "weight" paramter to prevent the slow node receives too
many queries.

> please give me some atttion to use pgpool-II.
> how to monitor pgpool status using auto shell?

Sorry, I don't know "auto shell".

> i want to know that there are some case using pgpool-II replication ?

Check out pgpool-general mailing list archive. Recently a use case has
been posted.