[pgpool-general: 790] Re: Problem with pgpool when using SSL, for client/pgpool communication

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Mon Jul 23 08:10:17 JST 2012

> On 07/18/12 19:36, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> Thank you for testing!
>>
>> Next time pgpool hungs, could you please send me core and pgpool
>> executable binary off list? I assume you are using Linux x86_64.
>
> Same result with V3_1_STABLE.  Sent the core and binary off list.

I have looked into this. From what I found was following. Please
confirm.

1) the only live backend is 1.
2) using extended protocol.
3) transaction state is 'T' (idle in transaction).

It seems pgpool is wating for someting to come from frontend because
there's no pending data in frontend buffer nor backend buffer. Pgpool
just processed BIND message from frontend and pgpool waits for
DESCRIBE or EXECUTE message to come from rontend.