[pgpool-general: 726] Re: oid mismatch on pg_database

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Fri Jul 13 08:14:32 JST 2012

It's know limitation stated in the document:

<h3 id="ng_multi_statement">Multi-statement Query (for all modes)</h3>
pgpool-II cannot process multi-statement queries.

More precisely, pgpool extracts the first query (in your case "SET
DateStyle=ISO;") and decides to send to which node. Because SET should
be sent to all DB nodes in replication mode, the second query is sent
to all DB nodes as well. And you see the error.

In master/slave mode, the limitaton is a little bit alleviated: all
the multi-statement quries are sent to master(primary). Thus you will
not see less errors.