[pgpool-general: 171] Error while loading shared libraries

Marcelo Giesel marcelo.giesel at lupa.inf.ufg.br
Tue Jan 17 04:23:36 JST 2012

Hi list,

I'm planning to use pgpool with pgpoolAdmin to get load balancing over my
postgres cluster, but I'm unable to get it working.
I can start pgpool manually but pgpoolAdmin always give me some error code
(for instance e1006 - pcp_stop_pgpool command error occurred), and when I
try to execute the pcp_stop_pgpool (or anyone else) in the shell it gives
me the message "pcp_stop_pgpool: error while loading shared libraries:
libpcp.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".
Looking in the lib folder I can find the "libpcp.so.0" file.

I have tryed to change the place of the libraries but nothing changed. How
can I fix this?

Thanks,
Marcelo.