[pgpool-general: 904] Re: Upgrading from 3.1.3 to 3.1.4

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Sun Aug 19 08:51:23 JST 2012

> Hopefully this isn't a silly question, but can anyone tell me the
> procedure for upgrading minor revisions?
>

> Do I still need to rerun the sql files into the database, i.e. should
> they be run every time regardless of major/minor revision?

In most cases you don't need to rerun the SQL files. We should have
mentioned in the release note.

> I also have no idea what exactly changed between 3.1.3 and 3.1.4. The
> changelog in the 3.1.4 release has nothing beyond September last year.
> Is there anything I should be aware of that means we need to think about
> upgrading soon?

Sorry for confusion. Last December we moved our repository from CVS to
git. The Changelog had been generated from CVS and it was
obsoleted. We should have removed it. If you want to look at complete
change history of 3.1 series, please visit:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/V3_1_STABLE

F.Y.I. the last source code change made for 3.1.4 was on July 13, 2012.