[pgpool-general: 387] Re: idle stale connections hanging around

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Wed Apr 25 00:56:14 JST 2012

>>> Ok. It seems the fix made in 3.1.2:
>>>
>>>      - Fix infinite loop reported in this thread (Tatsuo Ishii):
>>>        http://www.pgpool.net/pipermail/pgpool-general/2011-December/000099.html
>>>
>>> cause this. Included is the patch trying to fix it.
>>> --
>>
>> Thanks.  I won't have a maintenance window to test this for another 4
>> weeks or so.  I can certainly followup then.
>
> I applied this patch last Friday, and thus far it appears to be
> working as expected.  It doesn't look like this was included in 3.1.3,
> so does that mean that I'd need to apply this to 3.1.3 as well, until
> 3.14 is released?

The patch was not in 3.1.3. The reason is, the patch did not solve a
problem we artificaly made in house, which was supposed to be fixed by
it. The part is very sensitive place in pgpool-II and until I
perfectly understand the reason why the patch did not solve the
particular problem, I don't want to apply to the stable release.