[pgpool-general: 10] Pgpool disconnect clients when recovery nodes.

Joaquin Llano joaquin.llano at cpxextremadura.com
Tue Nov 29 21:09:23 JST 2011

Hi again.

I have a cluster with 2 postgresql 8.4 backends and 1 pgpool2 3.0.3 version. They are running on Debian Squeeze using backports repository.

When I try to recovery one of the backends using pcp_recovery_node its fails to recover until all clients connected to pgpool are disconnected.

Also I tried streaming replication in other machines with PostgreSQL 9.1 but when recover a backend Pgpool drops all clients connected to it.

Is there ant way to Pgpool maintain clients connected when I recover a dead node?

This is my pgpool.conf for PostgreSQL 8.4 nodes.

listen_addresses = '*'
port = 5432
pcp_port = 9898
socket_dir = '/var/run/postgresql'
pcp_socket_dir = '/var/run/postgresql'
backend_socket_dir = '/var/run/postgresql'
pcp_timeout = 10
num_init_children = 32
max_pool = 4
child_life_time = 300
connection_life_time = 0
child_max_connections = 0
client_idle_limit = 0
authentication_timeout = 60
logdir = '/var/run/postgresql'
pid_file_name = '/var/run/postgresql/pgpool.pid'
replication_mode = true
load_balance_mode = true
replication_stop_on_mismatch = true
replicate_select = false
reset_query_list = 'ABORT; RESET ALL; SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT'
print_timestamp = true
master_slave_mode = false
connection_cache = true
health_check_timeout = 3
health_check_period = 5
health_check_user = 'pgpool2'
failover_command = 'pgpool-failover %d %h %p %D %m %M'
failback_command = 'pgpool-failback %d %h %p %D %m %M'
insert_lock = true
ignore_leading_white_space = true
log_statement = false
log_connections = false
log_hostname = false
parallel_mode = false
enable_query_cache = false
pgpool2_hostname = 'ppsqlft1'
system_db_hostname = 'localhost'
system_db_port = 5432
system_db_dbname = 'pgpool'
system_db_schema = 'pgpool_catalog'
system_db_user = 'pgpool'
system_db_password = ''
backend_hostname0 = 'PPSQLBK1'
backend_port0 = 5432
backend_weight0 = 1
backend_data_directory0 = '/var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main'
backend_hostname1 = 'PPSQLBK2'
backend_port1 = 5432
backend_weight1 = 1
backend_data_directory1 = '/var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main'
enable_pool_hba = true
recovery_user = 'pgpool2'
recovery_password = ''
recovery_1st_stage_command = 'base-backup'
recovery_2nd_stage_command = 'pgpool-recovery-pitr'
recovery_timeout = 90
client_idle_limit_in_recovery = 10

Thanks for your help

--