[pgpool-general: 106] severe memory leak in 3.1.1

Lonni J Friedman netllama at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 00:32:25 JST 2011

Greetings,
I'm running pgpool-3.1.1 on a Linux-x86_64 system with 8GB RAM and
2.5GB swap.  Ever since we upgraded from pgpool-3.0.3 to 3.0.4, we've
seen a severe memory leak which consistently consumes all the RAM+swap
on the system every 4-7 days.  The leak is so severe that sometimes
the OOM killer cannot respond fast enough, and the entire server had
locked up one time (with OOM killer spew on the local console).  We're
confident that the leak is in pgpool, as if we stop and (re)start
pgpool, all the memory in use is freed up immediately.

We were hoping that upgrading to 3.1.1 would eliminate the problem,
however we upgraded to 3.1.1 last Thursday, and as of this morning its
obvious that the leak is still present.  Please advise what kind of
information we can provide to debug this problem.

thanks