[pgpool-general: 83] Doubt with num_init_children and max pool

Lazaro Rubén García Martinez lgarciam at vnz.uci.cu
Sat Dec 10 01:30:15 JST 2011

Hello everyone in the list, I have a doubt with num_init_children and max_pool parameters.

In the manual says that num_init_children is the maximum number of concurrent connection from users to pgpool:

My question is:

Are these concurrent connections  for each connections, with different users, hosts and databases?

If I have a connection cached by pgpool, and comes another connection with the same properties (host, database, user), this last connection create another connection to pgpool or reuse the existing connection?
Regards