[pgpool-committers: 4326] Re: pgpool: Fix for bug in watchdog where sometime failover is not reliably

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 14:52:53 JST 2017

Hi Ishii-San

Sorry I was shifting my house and was away from an email so couldn't reply
earlier.

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> Usama,
>
> Is this the fix for?
> https://www.pgpool.net/mantisbt/view.php?id=339

Actually there was another similar issue reported for Pgpool-II 3.6 but,
The commit should also fix this problem (bug 339) for 3.5 and 3.6 branches,
But as the this bug mentions the problem is also appearing in Pgpool-II
3.3, So older branches still need a fix and . because of completely
different architecture of watchdog in versions prior to 3.5 we may need a
completely different solution.

Thanks
Best Regards
Muhammad Usama