[pgpool-committers: 941] pgpool: Consider timeout waiting for compeletion of failback request in

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Wed May 8 11:45:23 JST 2013

Consider timeout waiting for compeletion of failback request in on line recovery.

This will prevent the recovery operation continues forever and we
cannot even shutdown pgpool main process. This could happen especially
while executing follow master command. At this moment, the timeout is
fixed value(5 seconds). This should be enough for the operation since
it does not imply any I/O or DB operation. Before it waited
forever. Problem is, it is possible that right after failover, the
failback request sent can be lost. In the long run we should fix it
but at this moment I prefer to band aid the problem because the fix
will not be trivial.

Branch
------
V3_2_STABLE