[Pgpool-hackers] show pool_status like...

Guillaume Lelarge guillaume at lelarge.info
Tue Sep 13 07:09:51 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 14:42 +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While I took a look at MySQL manual (mainly for checking query cache
> functionality), I noticed that MySQL has following syntx:
>
> show .... like 'foo%';
>
> I think this is usefull for "show pool_status" command since it has
> lengthy output now.
>
> Usage of show pool_status and like will be something like:
>
> show pool_status like 'client_idle%' will only show the status of
> client_idle_limit and client_idle_limit_in_recovery.
>
> Comments?

Rather than adding a new clause to an already defined SQL statement that
doesn't have it in vanilla PostgreSQL, I would rather see a stored
function. Something like pgpool_config() which will give the exact same
output than "SHOW pool_status". But with this stored function,
PostgreSQL will be able to process any WHERE, ORDER BY, LIMIT clauses.

So, -10 to add "SHOW... WHERE...", and +1 to add pgpool_config() stored
function.

Actually, I would rather see all SHOW... disappeared from pgpool and be
replaced with stored functions. That would be much more cleaner.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info