[Pgpool-hackers] About query cache of pgpool-II

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Oct 12 02:30:15 UTC 2011

>>>     I don't know if there are any demand for add black_list/white_list
>>>  for query cache.
>>
>> Sorry but I cann't follow you. Can you please elaborate more?
>> --
>
> I mean is there anyone need to tell pgpool-II which table need to be
> cached or not

Yes, it's on my TODO list. However, there is a fundamental difficulty
to implement it. For performance reason, to return cached result or
not is decided *before* SQL parsing. Problem is, without SQL parsing
it's not possible what tables are involved in the SELECT (think about
complex JOIN or subquery).

Delaying the decision after the parsing will add an overhead.