[Pgpool-hackers] Progress report: on memory query cache

Huang Bambo bambo.huang at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 12:07:25 UTC 2011

Hi, Tatsuo,

> I think you misunderstand. I'm talking about the limit of number of
> hash entries. Probably you are talking about memqcache_maxcache which
> is the maximum SELECT result size in bytes. Yes, SELECTs return huge
> large size of result tend to not need high performance, I agree. So
> current implementation just does not create cache entry for these
> queries as you suggest.

I get it. But I think even the limit is exceed, you should not break
the operation by report a error. I suggest if the limit exceed, just
add a warning log to syslog and then directlly get data from the
database.
I think keep the business process continue work is important than performance.

Bambo Huang