[Pgpool-hackers] proposal for new feature

mitani at sraw.co.jp mitani at sraw.co.jp
Fri Nov 18 12:15:02 UTC 2011

Hi Ishii-San,

Thank you for quick response.

In order to implement of redundancy for pgpoll,
I think three functions are required as follows,
Observation, Take over and Recovery.

How to share the information,
 that's a key point of this solution.
There are two methods to share the information.
 (1) servers use a data at same data location,
 (2) servers use same contents of data in own storage.
In either case have some pros and cons.

I'm planing to use the (1) method cause it can make simple.
And I'm going to use database as a shared data repository for pgpools.
In that case, the communication protocol also might be based on the libpq.

Anyway, this is still just an idea.
I'd like to have any comments for it.

Thank you.
--