[Pgpool-hackers] worker process launch even when health_check_period=0

Guillaume Lelarge guillaume at lelarge.info
Mon May 23 12:32:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

AFAICT, the worker process has one work to do: check replication lag.
pgPool only needs to check replication lag if we are using streaming
replication and if health check is enabled. However, it seems it checks
replication lag even if health check is disabled (with
health_check_period=0).

This looks like a bug to me.

I see two fixes:
  * only launch the worker process if health_check_period>0 (main.c)
  * before checking lag, make sure that health_check_period>0
    (pool_worker_child.c)

I can write the patch, it won't be difficult. Just want to make sure
you're OK with this and that I didn't miss something.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr