[Pgpool-hackers] Fw: [pgsql-www] Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri May 20 15:20:45 UTC 2011

> On 20/05/2011 16:53, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> There is a discussion among PostgreSQL deveopers to abondon
>> pgFoundry. Unless someone comes up to save the life of pgFoundry, it
>> seems the fate of pgFoundry is hopless to me.
>
> +1
> I think pgfoundry should have died earlier :)
>
>> Time to look for somewhere we could escape from ...
>
> Dave propose to move mailing lists to postgresql.org. So we should ask
> him if pgPool-II could be a candidate to that.

Maybe.

> then, we agree to move to git, so we just have to take care of releasing
> 3.1 before pgfoundry shut down and move to git.

Ok.

> anything else ?

I like the current pgfoundry's web interface to CVS. It's extremely
convenient to examine diffs from the commit messages for example. So I
would like to keep them for old CVSs even if we migrate to
somewhere. Maybe we could write a script to edit the pgpool-commit
message archives so that they point to new URLs.