[Pgpool-hackers] Follow master patch modified

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Mar 9 07:43:38 UTC 2011

Gilles,

> Here is the new patch to allow slaves to follow master after a failover.
> Following our discussion this feature will only be used in master/slave
> and streaming replication mode. I also join a patch to the
> documentation. Here is the explanation of the follow master feature:
>
> "After a master failover in master/slave streaming replication, I mean
> at failover_command completion, pgpool degenerate all nodes excepted the
> new master and starts new child processes to be ready again to accept
> connections from clients. After this, pgpool run the command set into
> the 'follow_master_command' for each degenerated nodes. Typically the
> command should be used to recover the slave from the new master by call
> the pcp_recovery_node command for example."

I have applied this patches to the CVS HEAD and got an compile error:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DDEFAULT_CONFIGDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" -I.  -D_GNU_SOURCE -I /usr/local/pgsql/include   -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -MT main.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/main.Tpo -c -o main.o main.c
main.c: In function ‘failover’:
main.c:1654: error: ‘POOL_REQUEST_INFO’ has no member named ‘prefered_primary_node_id’

I thought I needed pcp_promote_node patch and tried to apply the patch but I got:

$ patch -b -p1 < ../patch-promote.diff
patching file main.c
Hunk #6 FAILED at 1604.
Hunk #7 succeeded at 1660 with fuzz 2 (offset 44 lines).
Hunk #8 FAILED at 1686.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 2398.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 2412.
Hunk #11 FAILED at 2441.
5 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file main.c.rej
patching file pcp/Makefile.am
patching file pcp/Makefile.in
patching file pcp/pcp.c
patching file pcp/pcp.h