[Pgpool-hackers] New patches for pcp_promote_node

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Mar 4 00:50:21 UTC 2011

Thanks.

BTW, I have a question: in my understanding, what pcp_promote_node
will do is a) create a protomoe request in shared memory area, b) do a
failover and restart child process. Promoting standby node to primary
seems out of scope of this tool.

We can do this by 1)stop PostgreSQL primary node, 2) then create a
trigger file on the appropreate standby node 3) thsese steps can be
managed by fail over scrip of pgpool-II. So it seems we can do what
you want in current pgpool without using pcp_protomote_node.

WHat's the use case for pcp_promoto_node?