[Pgpool-hackers] Heading to pgpool-II 3.1

Martijn Grendelman martijn at iphion.nl
Fri Jun 24 09:48:11 UTC 2011

On 24-06-11 10:15, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> Any chance that this idea will be implemented anytime soon?
>> http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-hackers/2011-May/000716.html
>
> Revisiting it now. Since nobody proposed patches for this, I've been
> starting coding now:-) The rewriting code is quite complex and I am
> not sure whether I could finish the work by the end of this
> weekend. Let me try out...

Wow, I am impressed. I hope you will succeed.

As a matter of fact, a colleague of mine created a patch that handles one
specific case: timezone('utc'::text, now()), which is the most important
case for us.

He told me that the code is too complex for him to quickly handle the
generic case, so he added this specific case instead. I can't imagine the
patch being useful to you, but if you want to look at it, let me know.

Best regards,
Martijn Grendelman