[Pgpool-hackers] Exodus from pgfoundry

Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Wed Jun 1 08:44:55 UTC 2011

On 01/06/2011 10:32, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pgfoundry, the pgpool-II development site, will be closed. I have been
> thinking about the problem and I would like to propose the roadmap of
> the exodus:
>
> 1) Obtain pgpool domain so that we could give a "logical" name to a
>    development site. This allow us to use "permanent" URL for the
>    site. Actually I have successfully got pgpool.net and pgpool.info
>    domain today.
>
> 2) Obtain pgpool development hosting site. SRAOSS already has a pgpool
>    community site for mainly Japanese speakers(and sylpheed
>    development). I will replace the hardware to more powerfull one so
>    that the machine can share its power with pgpool developers. This
>    machine will have the URL http://www.pgpool.net in addition to
>    existing URLs.
>
> 3) I will bring repository, web pages and mail archives from pgfoundry
>    to the new site and keep them for a histical data purpose.
>
> 4) Prepare everything necessary for the new server

Well, my only concern here would be to have yet another login credential.

>    - Source repository (probably starting with CVS, then migrate to
>      git.hub?)

github would be perfect for 3.1. Do you have an account ? You can create
the pgpool organization here, but all pgpool commiters need all to have
a github account then.

>    - Mailing lists

Following our discussion during the PGCon2011, I think we can ask for a
dedicated mailing list @postgresql.org

>    - Wiki and blogs

Yeah, the website and a wiki could be hosted on your pgpool.net server I
guess. But then, it would be awesome if the wiki could authenticate
using our postgresql community accounts.

I'm not personally convinced about blogs though.

>    - Others?
>
> 5) All active pgpool committers will have an account on the site.
>
> Anything I miss? Comments are welcome.
> Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp

- --
Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais