[Pgpool-hackers] Exodus from pgfoundry

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Jun 1 08:32:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

Pgfoundry, the pgpool-II development site, will be closed. I have been
thinking about the problem and I would like to propose the roadmap of
the exodus:

1) Obtain pgpool domain so that we could give a "logical" name to a
   development site. This allow us to use "permanent" URL for the
   site. Actually I have successfully got pgpool.net and pgpool.info
   domain today.

2) Obtain pgpool development hosting site. SRAOSS already has a pgpool
   community site for mainly Japanese speakers(and sylpheed
   development). I will replace the hardware to more powerfull one so
   that the machine can share its power with pgpool developers. This
   machine will have the URL http://www.pgpool.net in addition to
   existing URLs.

3) I will bring repository, web pages and mail archives from pgfoundry
   to the new site and keep them for a histical data purpose.

4) Prepare everything necessary for the new server

   - Source repository (probably starting with CVS, then migrate to
     git.hub?)

   - Mailing lists

   - Wiki and blogs

   - Others?

5) All active pgpool committers will have an account on the site.

Anything I miss? Comments are welcome.