[Pgpool-hackers] Making command proc_info returning info for all pid ?

Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Fri Jul 1 13:35:12 UTC 2011

On 12/06/2011 16:05, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> On 10/06/2011 00:14, Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I was wondering which other command I'll add in pgpool_adm so I focused
>>> on proc_info.
>>>
>>> But it occurs to me that using pcp_proc_info require to fetch one PID
>>> first, so you have 2 commands to executes. More if you want to get
>>> information about multi PID.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> So what about adding as first parameter the pgpool PID and making this
>>> command return everything ? We can even keep reverse compatibility by
>>> considering the PID parameter as optional: return everything if no PID
>>> given, only informations about the PID if given.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>>> I was thinking we could actually do the same kind of work with
>>> pcp_node_info and pcp_node_count...
>>
>>> Comments ?
>
> Sounds nice idea for me.

So here is a first patch ready for review.

   * it refactor "pcp processes info" related code to return all
processes info from backend, similar to the "show pool_pools" query
   * add pgpool process PID and backend id fields
   * add the ability to show all these informations from pcp_proc_info
command
   * no change to the pcp_proc_info command default behavior
   * new fields are added as last fields in the proc_info command only
with the -a switch (both verbose or not)

As a remember, I had to add fields "pgpool process PID" and "backend id"
because I will need them in pgpool_adm.

Thank you for your next comments and review.
--
Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais
DBA