[Pgpool-hackers] Promoting any node as master with SR slaves follow

Gilles Darold gilles.darold at dalibo.com
Fri Jan 21 13:03:57 UTC 2011

Le 21/01/2011 08:07, Tatsuo Ishii a écrit :
> 1) There seems to be a window between pcp_promote_node and subsequent
>    pcp_recovery_node calls. Do you have any idea that is safe or not?
In all tests I've done, it just works perfectly. I just have to valid
that against nodes load.

> 2) Your opinion that the node to be promoted should be chosen by more
>    intelligent rules(for example, the least lagging node), rather than
>    just the physical position in the configuration file seems to be
>    valid IMO. I wonder if we could implment automatic failover which
>    is based on the rule, rather than manually promoting a node by
>    using pcp_promote_node. Any idea?
Oh yes, of course this is why I'm doing the work. The pcp_promote_node
command is just here for starting the work and manually promote a node
for testing purpose :-)

--
Gilles Darold
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org