[Pgpool-hackers] PgPool II documentation update (syslog, regex in black and white list, ...)

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Jan 21 07:33:11 UTC 2011

> Hi,
>
> Here is a patch over pgpool-II/doc/pgpool-en.html. It fixes some html
> formating and the following:
>
> - add description of new configuration directive 'log_destination'
> - add description of new configuration directive 'syslog_facility'
> - add description of new configuration directive 'syslog_ident'
> - add some lines and sample to 'white_function_list' regex usage
> - add some lines and sample to 'black_function_list' regex usage
> - add information and fix output sample for the 'id' column on
> 'pool_nodes' command
>
> All these are done in the attached patch.

Thanks. Looks good. I will commit this.

> As todo list here what should be added in documentation when current
> submitted patches will be committed:
>
> - add/rewrite documentation about 'backend_socket_dir' (obsolete) and
> 'backend_hostname' conforming to libpq usage
> - add information and fix output sample for the 'state' column on
> 'pool_nodes' command showing P/S/R node state

Not sure this is a good idea. Because we already have ChangeLog which
has all committed messages. Also NEWS has been provided in more "users
friendly" form.

I, however, agree that TODO needs to be better managed. IMO we should
put on it more ideas or major problems need to be fixed in the future.