[Pgpool-hackers] make_persistent_db_connection: s_do_auth failed

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Aug 5 21:44:00 UTC 2011

>> You need to allow health_check_user access postgres database with no
>> password for judging primary/standby and replication delay checking.
>
> Strictly, should be empty password.
> And I also found that in 3.1 you are trying to fix this problem but
> not fixed all the place use this prolem, in main.c, this problem is
> still there.

I will do it this week end. My idea is:

1) Add new directive for replication delay checking and
   primary/standby detection in streaming replication.

2) Thy are:
   sr_check_user
   sr_check_password
   sr_check_database

   Currently, sr_check_user == health_check_user, sr_check_password = '',
   sr_check_database = 'postgres'.

   So the new directives allow you to specify those parameters. I'm
   not sure if we need sr_check_database, though.

Comments, suggestions, objections?

> And I also have a question about this. Is it necessary to per-node
> setting for this?

What do you mean by per-node? Do you want to have different
user/password combo per node?