[Pgpool-hackers] Cannot accept() new connection . all backends are down.

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Mon May 31 04:07:48 UTC 2010

>   I got the message  on the subject, but i don't know why is reason of
> that fail...
>

> i  run postgres with:
> postmaster -i -N 256 -B 544 -D datadir
>
> i  have  pgpool.conf configured on this way:
> num_init_children =100
> max_pool= 1
>
> child_max_connections = 0
>
> Then, under what conditions, will appear this error ?
> Cannot accept() new connection . all backends  are down.

Have you deleted history file (logdir/pgpool_status)?
It remembers previous failed status. If you believe your PostgreSQL
and settings healthy, you can delete and try to restart pgpool.

If you still have problem, you definitely have problems anywhere. Look
into pgpool-II/PostgreSQL log for more info.