[Pgpool-hackers] Presentation and proposal for translations

Guillaume Lelarge guillaume at lelarge.info
Wed Jul 21 11:41:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 11:56:16 +0200, Jean-Paul Argudo
<jean-paul at postgresqlfr.org> wrote:
> [...]
>> Regarding the doc format, I really don't care about it(I'm not a
>> documentation expert by any means). If there's no strong complains
>> about HTML, I would like to keep on using HTML. If you have better
>> idea, please let me know.
>
> HTML is just a pain to edit. Thats the main problem.

I completely agree.

> It would be really fantastic to have
> http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/ as a wiki, with extensions to
> multiple languages.

I don't agree at all. Translating with a wiki... just a bad idea IMHO.
It's really hard to know what's changed in previous versions of the
documentation.

> [...]
>> BTW Nozomi Anzai (working for SRA OSS also) is working on updating
>> pgpoolAdmin for pgpool-II 3.0. So if you are willing to provide French
>> messages, please do it.
>
> Yeah, sure, I can do that too. I let Nozomi write me then ?

No need. Just grab CVS HEAD, and edit pgpoolAdmin/lang/fr.lang.php file.
There are 8 strings no translated (see the little PHP script attached,
it'll help you to find these).

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr