[Pgpool-hackers] First try at rephrasing the documentation

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Dec 20 07:49:44 UTC 2010

I have read through your patches and feel very comfortable with it. I
would like to commit your version unless there's an
objection. Included is trivial fix for your document. Please update
yours.

I will try to answer your TODO items one by one following emals...

*** pgpool-en.html.contrib	2010-12-20 15:23:45.000000000 +0900
--- pgpool-en.html	2010-12-20 15:30:54.000000000 +0900
*** 486,492 ****
  			This is useful to prevent pgpool childs from being
  			occupied by a lazy client or a broken TCP/IP connection between client and
  			pgpool. The default value for client_idle_limit is 0, which means
! 			the feature is turned off. this value. This parameter is ignored in the
  			second stage of online recovery. You need to reload pgpool.conf if you
  			change client_idle_limit.</p>

--- 486,492 ----
  			This is useful to prevent pgpool childs from being
  			occupied by a lazy client or a broken TCP/IP connection between client and
  			pgpool. The default value for client_idle_limit is 0, which means
! 			the feature is turned off. This parameter is ignored in the
  			second stage of online recovery. You need to reload pgpool.conf if you
  			change client_idle_limit.</p>

***************
*** 624,630 ****
  If true, and an error occurs when writing to the backend communication,
  pgpool-II will trigger the fail over procedure . This is the same behavior as of
  pgpool-II 2.2.x or earlier. If set to false, pgpool will report an error and
! disconnect the session.
  Please note that if set, however, pgpool will also do the fail over when
  connecting to a backend fails or pgpool detects the administrative shutdown of
  postmaster. You need to reload pgpool.conf if you change this value.
--- 624,631 ----
  If true, and an error occurs when writing to the backend communication,
  pgpool-II will trigger the fail over procedure . This is the same behavior as of
  pgpool-II 2.2.x or earlier. If set to false, pgpool will report an error and
! disconnect the session.
! Default is true.