[Pgpool-hackers] Logging failure

Devrim GÜNDÜZ devrim at CommandPrompt.com
Thu Oct 22 09:55:05 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 18:03 +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> What do you think? It seems Toshihiro's complain is reasonable.
>
> Problem with current script is, nothing is logged to
> $PGPOOLLOG. This is due to: 1) wrong position of & 2) -n option is not
> passed to pgpool (this is neccessary to log anything to the logfile).

Well, Toshihiro stated that:

> And OPTS parameter isn't set anywhere.

It *is* set in pgpool.sysconfig:

=============================
# Options for pgpool

# -n: don't run in daemon mode. does not detatch control tty
# -d: debug mode. lots of debug information will be printed

#OPTS=" -d -n"
=============================

So a good solution could be this:

* Add an uncommented value for $OPTS in sysconfig file, which is:

OPTS = " -n"

and remove & from init script.

If it is ok, I will apply these changes to both Fedora/PGDG packages and
pgpool CVS.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE
Professional Services, Training, 24x7 Support
http://www.commandprompt.com/ XMPP: dgunduz at jabber.commandprompt.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz