[Pgpool-hackers] SSL Support?

sean finney sean at stickybit.se
Tue Oct 13 12:35:24 UTC 2009

Hi everyone, first post :)

Is anyone working on implementing SSL support in pgpool-II?

I'm working on a cloud-based project involving pgpool-II and postgres,
and thus don't trust the network in between the pool node and the
database nodes.  Currently we're working around this via a series of
tubes and indirections (ssh tunnels, a meta-info database, and
some customized recovery scripts, I get a headache just thinking
about it!).  However, if we were to have SSL support all of that could
go away.

If nobody is working on SSL support it's possible that we could put some
time into implementing it (I see what looks like some starting points
are already in the source), but I'd like to first make sure that any
patches would be accepted and that nobody is already working on this.

	sean