[Pgpool-hackers] [pgpool-hackers] ideas for improve load balancing

Jaime Casanova jcasanov at systemguards.com.ec
Thu Dec 24 18:02:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

Some time ago i was asking about what the limitations of pgpool in
load balancing mode are:
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-general/2009-December/002364.html

and seems there are some so we have to look every query in the app to
check they are safe for pgpool in load balancing mode.
but what if we could send the statement to the server (slave or
master) just for it to be parsed and analyzed, return the Query to
pgpool and then determine if it's safe. if it is let the same server
finish the execution if not send it to master.

of course we need postgresql core to expose functions for that "2
phase execution". don't know if such a function exists or if it is
possible to create.
any merit in that idea?

--
Atentamente,