[Pgpool-hackers] pgpool 3.2 released

Devrim GUNDUZ devrim at CommandPrompt.com
Tue Feb 13 07:21:36 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 14:36 +0900, Taiki Yamaguchi wrote:
> pgpool can do PAM auth,

This reminded me something: In PostgreSQL RPMs, we have a postgresql.pam
file that we install under /etc/pam.d, so that we can authenticate
against pam there. I did the same for pgpool. If that file is missing,
and pgpool is set for pam auth, pgpool throws this error:

===
$ psql -U devrim -p 9999
psql: ERROR:  PAM authentication with pgpool failed for user "devrim"
===

As you know, this file is simple:

# cat /etc/pam.d/pgpool
#%PAM-1.0
auth            required        pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account         required        pam_stack.so service=system-auth

I just committed the new spec file that fixes this "problem" (?) for
RPMs. It compiles pgpool with pam support.

If you want, I can add this file to CVS so that people can install it
easily.

Just a FYI.

Regards,
--