[Pgpool-hackers] new developer

TANIDA Yutaka tanida at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Sep 29 10:35:45 UTC 2006

Hi.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:43:59 +0300
Enver ALTIN <ealtin at parkyeri.com> wrote:

> Welcome Yutaka-San,

Thanks.

 > I'll work for pgpool and high-availability and plan to commit
> > "pgpool-ha" subproject , which is combination of pgpool and
> > heartbeat.
>
> Can you elaborate on that please? This sounds interesting, what sort of
> integration are you planning?

The project called "pgpool-ha" is a small scripts  including following:
-OCF style script to start/stop/monitor pgpool from heartbeat 2.x.
-A monitoring script for pgpool.

So, it's really small and basic implemetation to combine pgpool and heartbeat.This will be produce simple high-availability to pgpool .

 I'm planning more high level integration such as

- Controlling child PostgreSQL processes.
- Automatic recovery process for child PostgreSQL

--
TANIDA Yutaka <tanida at sraoss.co.jp>