[Pgpool-hackers] pgpool-II

Devrim GUNDUZ devrim at commandprompt.com
Thu Sep 14 06:25:45 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 11:42 +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Here are brief ideas. What do you think?

In fact it depends on the answer of this question: Will you continue
working on pgpool-I ? AFAICS, pgpool-II is compatible with pgpool-I. So,
if you won't continue working on pgpool-I, let's make pgpool-II as the
default page.

Below are my comments:

> 1) Existing pgpool top page
>    (http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/index.html) should be
>    replaced with a new page. We now have pgpool and pgpool-II
>    projects, we need the new "main" page which decribes both
>    projects. The new page should be kept simple, basically having
>    brief introducton to both projects and links to each projects page.

Depends on what you answer to the question above.

> 3) Existing pgpool-II web pages:
>    http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/pgpool-II/en/
>    http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/pgpool-II/ja/
>    become pgpool-II's top page, which have links to html files in
>    doc directory coming with pgpool-II source code.
>    I don't think they should not be used as pgpool-II' top page, since
>    it should have some news sections or other topics which should not
>    be in html files coming with source code.

Depends on what you answer to the question above. ;)

> For tempory solution, I will modify
> http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/index.html so that it explicitly
> points to existing pgpool-II pages.

Thanks.