[Pgpool-hackers] Test Suite?

Mark Wong markw at osdl.org
Mon Oct 9 00:38:38 UTC 2006

Mark Wong wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:
>> People,
>>
>> I would like to use pgPool-II, and to do this, I would like to test it
>> first.  What tests are you running now?  What tests are on the
>> roadmap?
>
> I'm working on using autotest (http://test.kernel.org/autotest/,
> svn://test.kernel.org/autotest/trunk) to put together a test against
> dbt2 with it.  My patches for autotest still has a couple kinks to work
> out but I'll let everyone know when it's ready.

Ok, my stuff has been checked in.  To get autotest:

svn co svn://test.kernel.org/autotest/trunk autotest

Symlink (or check out directly) to /usr/local/autotest

cd to /usr/local/autotest, edit tests/dbt2/control to remove the runtest
calls to pgsql and mysql, leaving pgpool behing.  Execute 'bin/autotest
tests/dbt2/control' to run a 30 minute test with pgpool.

I don't know if this is the best or most interesting test case but let
me know if this is or could be more useful for pgpool.

Regards,
Mark