[Pgpool-hackers] cache for pgpool

Jean-Max Reymond jmreymond at gmail.com
Tue May 16 07:55:23 UTC 2006

2006/5/15, Jim C. Nasby <jnasby at pervasive.com>:
> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 04:33:42PM +0200, Jean-Max Reymond wrote:
> > hi,
> > I am currently writing a memory cache for postgres requests.
> > It is a very basic way to do it (? la mysql) but very useful for web
> > applications or applications using a lot of count(*).
> > is pgpool the good place to add these feature ?
>
> How does this differ from memcached?

no need to change your application.
just run pgpool and the requests are cached. If an update occurs, all
the data caches for this table are cleared.
just à la mysql. For my web application, mysql cache 67% of the
requests and it is mandatory to have a cache if I want to switch to
Postgres :-)

--
Jean-Max Reymond
CKR Solutions Open Source