[Pgpool-hackers] PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sat Jun 17 11:48:57 UTC 2006

Hi Devrim,

Are you going to Tront to attend PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit?
I hope I could meet with you there.

I'm going to make a presentation there about the next generation
pgpool project called "pgpool-II". pgpool-II will be the successor to
pgpool. pgpool runs in two different modes. The pgpool-II mode, where
pgpool-II does parallel query processing using multiple PostgreSQL
serers. Quick testing shows that a simple SELECT using 9 PostgreSQL
servers is 9 times faster than ordinaly PostgreSQL! The pgpool-I mode
is basically same as current pgpool does but offers more capability,
for example it can handle more than two PostgreSQL servers: it has
comprehensive SQL parser. Cascading two pgpool servers (pgpool-I mode
and pgpool-II mode) could make a parallel query/replication/load
balanacing PostgreSQL system.

pgpool-II will be registered to pgfoundry as soon as the development
finishes. We hope the work to be done by Sepetember.