[Pgpool-hackers] hba with pgpool

Yoshiyuki Asaba y-asaba at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Dec 19 03:02:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

From: Taiki Yamaguchi <yamaguchi at sraoss.co.jp>
Subject: [Pgpool-hackers] hba with pgpool
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:20:21 +0900

> I am planning on porting HBA function from PostgreSQL into pgpool
> (Yes, I had said it before. Finally, I am working on it ...).
> To distinguish from pg_hba, I'd like to call it pool_hba.

Great!

> Porting is easy. Copy few functions from PostgreSQL and create our own
> pool_hba.conf, which will be the same as pg_hba.conf.
>
> What we need to decide is which function will be supported, and which
> will be limited. From what I understand, pgpool currently supports the
> following authentication methods.
>
> ==========
> w/ replication or master/slave mode:
> 	trust, reject, clear text password
>
> w/o replication mode:
> 	trust, reject, clear text password, crypt, md5

pgpool supports pam authentication method. Can you add it?

README:
   o any authentication methods except "trust", "clear text password",
     "pam" (replication or master/slave mode)

   o any authentication methods except "trust", "clear text password",
     "crypt", "md5", "pam" (non replication mode)

--
Yoshiyuki Asaba
y-asaba at sraoss.co.jp